Houston's Mineral Water Since 1931

In 1931 William Avery Houston was suffering from serious kidney ailments. After being in pain for several months, he had a vision in a dream. His vision led him to dig a well on a specific spot on his property. The well was drilled to a depth of 252 feet. After drinking from its cool, crisp, clean waters, Houston was cured. He opened the well for business so that the public might enjoy its refreshing qualities. Houston's Mineral Water has been in service to the public for over 75 years offering its natural mineral water for 50-cents per gallon.

Houston's Mineral Water is located in New Market, Tennessee, about 30 minutes East of Knoxville. It is currently owned and operated by W. A. Houston's grandson and internationally renowned artist, W. C. Houston. The well is open to the public and is inspected and tested on a regular basis. Customers are expected to pay by the honor system and must provide their own clean containers.